Why Camp Tinaroo is the perfect place to go
Camp Tinaroo is situated on a bush covered peninsula jutting into pristine Lake Tinaroo. Located on the Atherton Tablelands, just one hour and fifteen minutes west of Cairns, Camp Tinaroo is a perfect place for your next camp, retreat or holiday.
Nestled amongst the trees, the campsite is both beautiful and peaceful. We have a wide variety of birds, animal life and butterflies that also call our 86 acres of bushland home. The property is quietly secluded with no neighbours and well off the main road.
The campsite has direct access to the Lake and boats can be launched from the property. The site is ideal for camps that involve sailing, skiing, tubing, swimming, fishing or paddling.
Camp Tinaroo has dormitory-style accommodation with 76 beds and an addition 4 leader's rooms plus cook's quarters. B.Y.O bedding.
A brand-new amenities block was complete in 2019 as well as significant renovations to the hall. The site has disability access and facilities.
The kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering or catering can be arranged.
Things to do
- Play beach volleyball on the court provided
- Play basketball or netball on the concreted court
- Football, cricket and other sport on the sporting oval
- Test your orienteering skills with our on-site course
- Relax around a bonfire*
- Host a table-tennis tournament
- Go fishing from the private lake access
- Explore many of the bushwalking tracks
*subject to local fire bans